Demonstrate commitment to employees
A Career Centre is an effective and economical means of supporting a large number of employees in managing their transition. For a specific period of time, the Centre provides physical, emotional and organisational support, as well as all of the resources that contribute to an effective job search.
Career Centres can vary in size and services, period of availability and location. They can be established on an organisation’s premises or offsite. Support services provided through a Career Centre may include:
- Individual job search consulting or coaching
- Workshops and assistance with resumes and cover letters, interviewing and other essential job search skills
- Job lead development
- Internet access and computer-based research using LHH’s Career Resource Network (CRN)
- Special workshops on topics such as Entrepreneurship, Retirement Planning, Financial Planning and using the Internet for Job Search
- Administrative support including a work space, telephones, computers, copiers and fax machines
- On site presentations by recruitment agencies
Career Centres make an important statement about the organisation’s commitment to its employees during periods of organisational change. LHH has considerable experience with successfully establishing and operating career centres of varying size in a range of different locations.